My home office is in the East Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia-near Mt. Pleasant and Stenton Avenues.
Appointments are available in office or online on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
A free 20-minute phone or video consultation with Dr. Sonya is required before scheduling an initial psychotherapy session.
You may request a free phone consultation via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 267-825-0467.
The rate for each 60-minutes psychotherapy session is $185.
Payment is expected at the time of your session. You may pay by cash or check. Debit cards-including Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)-are accepted. All VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and DISCOVER credit cards are also accepted.
I am not a participating provider of any healthcare insurance plan. However, if you have a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or Point of Service (POS) medical health plan, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement after meeting your out of network deductible. The specific amount of your out of network deductible as well as the percentage of partial reimbursement you may be entitled to depends on your specific medical plan. Partial reimbursement is based on a usual and customary fee (UCF).
It is possible that the rate of reimbursement from your PPO or POS medical plan will substantially reduce your net out of pocket costs. So, I recommend calling the member services center for your healthcare provider and finding out more about your out-of-network coverage.
Here are the questions you will need to ask to obtain the information needed to calculate your net out of pocket costs:
- What is my out of network deductible?
- What is the percentage of reimbursement for out of network 60-minutes individual psychotherapy (CPT code 90837)?
- Are telebehavioral health (video/online psychotherapy sessions) with my out of network mental health provider covered?
- For the purposes of my out of network deductible, when does my year begin-January 1 or another date?
- What is my annual out of pocket maximum?
- Can electronic claims be submitted by my out-of-network mental health provider? If so, what is the Payer ID number for the submission of electronic claims?
If you plan to submit claims to your insurance company for reimbursement, I will give you a statement each month that you will be able to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement of payments made. Also, as a courtesy, I will submit electronic claims on your behalf if your insurance company allows this.
I do not have a sliding scale payment schedule available at this time. If you are in need of a discounted rate, I recommend searching for a psychotherapist using the Open Path Psychotherapy Collective website.