My private practice is limited to working with individuals with prolonged grief disorder (PGD). PGD is considered if after the death of a human loved one at least 12 months prior, specific grief reactions are still present almost every day for 30 days or more and interfere significantly in relationships and/or the workplace and in your day-to-day functioning.
I recommend completing the Center for Prolonged Grief's Brief Grief Self-assessment quiz to find out if you may be experiencing Prolonged Grief Disorder before reaching out to me.
Online psychotherapy (telepsychology) using HIPAA-compliant video software is available for residents of AL, AZ, AR, CO, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, ME, MD, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NV, NH, NC, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, & WI.
Appointments are available in the afternoon and evening Monday-Wednesday.
A free 30-minute video consultation with me is required before scheduling an initial counseling session.
Please email me at email@example.com to request an appointment for this free video consultation.
The rate for each 60-minute counseling session is $185.
Payment is expected at the time of your session. Debit cards-including Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)-are accepted. All VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and DISCOVER credit cards are also accepted.
I am not a participating provider of any healthcare insurance plan. However, if you have a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or Point of Service (POS) medical health plan, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement after meeting your out of network deductible. The specific amount of your out of network deductible as well as the percentage of partial reimbursement you may be entitled to depends on your specific medical plan. Partial reimbursement is based on a usual and customary fee (UCF).
It is possible that the rate of reimbursement from your PPO or POS medical plan will substantially reduce your net out of pocket costs.
I recommend calling the member services center for your healthcare provider and finding out more about your out-of-network coverage before scheduling your video consultation.
Here are the questions you will need to ask to obtain the information needed to calculate your net out of pocket costs:
- Are telebehavioral health (video/online counseling sessions) with an out-of-network psychologist eligible for partial reimbursement?
- What is my out of network deductible?
- Do I need to obtain pre-authorization for 60-minute sessions (CPT 90837) with an out-of-network provider?
- What is the percentage of reimbursement for out- of-network 60-minute sessions(CPT code 90837) ?
- For the purposes of my out of network deductible, does my year begin on January 1 or another date?
- What is my annual out of pocket maximum?
- Can electronic claims be submitted by my out-of-network mental health provider? If so, what is the Payer ID number for the submission of electronic claims?
If you plan to submit claims to your insurance company for reimbursement, I will give you a statement each month that you will be able to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement of payments made. Also, as a courtesy, I will submit electronic claims on your behalf if your insurance company allows this.